Castelli Piemontesi
Castelli Piemontesi  
   
 

Castle of Trisobbio
(Prov. di Alessandria)

ATTENZIONE


È necessario scaricare il nuovo player Flash
per visualizzare la galleria di immagini.
The castle was already in existence at the beginning of the 13th century. In the early Middle Ages, the ownership of Trisobbio was divided between the marquises of Del Bosco, De Uxecio (Belforte) and Occimiano.

In 1217 the Marquis Ottone Del Bosco and his great nephews, sons of the late Bonifacio, gave Trisobbio to the city of Genoa. As the Occimianos had ceded their own rights to the city of Alessandria, the resulting joint ownership of Trisobbio led, in 1224, to a war between the two cities. Trisobbio was occupied by the Alessandrian forces who installed themselves in the castle.

During the peace negotiations, the fortification was returned to the Del Boscos, and therefore indirectly to Genoa. Frederick II, in search of allies, confirmed the ancient rights of the marquises of Occimiano and a little later entrusted Trisobbio to the Marquis of Monferrato, in 1240.

As a result, joint ownership of the village continued. The issue was resolved when the Malaspinas, who had succeeded the Del Boscos by inheritance, received recognition from both the marquises of Monferrato and from Genoa.

In 1418-1419 Trisobbio was occupied by the Milanese, during the war with Genoa, and from them it was handed over to Monferrato, their ally. The feud then passed to another Genoan family, Spinola, which kept it until the Napoleonic invasion.

Already in the early 13th century the castle's structure must have been the same shape we see today. Later modifications came at the end of the 15th century, in conjunction with the establishment of the Malaspinas and the necessary strengthening of the castle.

Around the end of the 19th century it was in a state of deterioration and ruin. In 1913 the architect of Liguria's Monuments Department, Terenzio, wrote to the architect Commendator Alfredo D'Andrade, on behalf of the Marquis Carpaneto Spinola, so that the documents for starting the restoration works could be sent.

In 1989 the castle and its park became the property of the municipality. The owner at the time, the Marchioness Carolina Gavotti Finocchio, eased the acquisition of the castle by the administration, while the entire sum necessary was donated by Elena Bianchi. The castle was restored and now houses a hotel and restaurant.
INFO
Open: 2014
Open all year from Thursday to Sunday July and August: from Wednesday to Sunday 25th April, 1st May, 2nd June, 15th August, 1st November, 8th, 25 and 26 December, 1st and 6th January

Opening times 10-13 / 15-19
Visits: free entrance European Heritage Day with free entrance (28 September)
Informations: Via Cavour, 1
15070 Trisobbio (AL)
Tel. +39 0143 831108
Email: info@castelloditrisobbio.it
Web: www.castelloditrisobbio.it
 
SERVICES
Cellar: It is available for wine tasting for group reservation only
Bar: Yes
Restaurant: Yes
B&B/Hotel: Yes
By request: Organization, consultation and set-up available for events
Ceremonies/weddings: 150 seating
Events/convention: 150 seating;
No pre-equipped rooms but equipment rent and installation is possible
 
 
 
 
LINKS:
•  Weddings in the villas and
    castles of Monferrato
 
Watch Castelli Piemontesi's Videos
Watch Castelli Piemontesi's Videos
OUR PROMOTERS:
Regione Piemonte
Regione Piemonte
 
PARTNERS
ADSI - Associazione Dimore Storiche Italiane
 
Castelli Aperti del piemonte su Google maps
 
 
  © Castelli Aperti del Piemonte 2017 - C.F. 90033170045 - Powered by Blulab